Mythology

Jun 24, 2010
So, here we are again on this fine Thursday. I decided I wanted to talk a bit about mythology today. Greek and Roman mythology I should say.
Anyone else notice how he looks really different in the movie than in this poster???

Ever since freshman year when we read the book below:
I have found mythology very interesting. Although I don't believe in it at all, I think that the Greeks and Romans were some of the best writers. I mean, how many authors would decide that Athene (Athena) would be born out of Zeus' skull? Oh and he turned into a fish to get to her mom.... By the way, how many of you knew that Zeus is not so nicey nicey like in the Disney movie? I'd research him a bit if I were you.

Earlier this year I came across the author Tera Lynn Childs and fell in love with her Oh.My.Gods series (click the cover to find out more about each book):
I also decided I would read Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief before I rent the movie next week. (side note: I've decided I am going to try and read all of the books that are made into movies, before I see the movies from now on.)

So tell me, what do you think about mythology? Find it interesting or think it's just a big, fat waste of history?

1 comments:

  1. love hercules!! thanks for checking out our blog and entering the giveaway. good luck!

    -michelle & leslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails