Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Jul 29, 2010
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Pub. Date: August 3, 2010
ISBN: 0312649916
Pages: 336 pages
Source: Review copy
From amazon.com:

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.

But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

Infinite Days is about Lenah Beaudonte who recently became human... again. You'll follow her around on her discovery of the 21st century and what it truly means to have friends. At times you may even question how we act today because of her innocent views on todays society. Infinite Days takes you on a journey of discovery and at the same time makes you think.

I had no idea what to expect when I received this book and now all I can say is, wow. Rebecca Maizel has not only captured my attention, but also my loyalty. I will be reading all of her future books and hopefully... a sequel to Infinite Days.

Lenah has become one of my favorite female heroins in a novel in a short time. She is a smart character who will also make you laugh and will teach you things. Following her on her journey of re-discovery was not only interesting, but also fun.You will want to read this book over and over.

The book grabbed me from the start and didn't let go, even at the end. I felt the pain and sorrow, the joy and happiness, and the confusion and curiosity on every page. This is one of the best books I have read in a long time.

Overall I will probably read the book again (which I don't usually do) and I recommend it to everyone. Rebecca Maizel gives vampires a makeover and adds in love, discovery, and makes a breathtaking novel.

Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars

Available on August 3, 2010

30 comments:

  1. Great review! A 5 out of 5 stars is intense! I so want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I would love to read this book, thanks for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to reading this book. Your review is quite good. Thanks for the giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this book! I can't wait to read it. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds fantastic - I hope I win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing such wonderful things about this book! I can't wait to read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am DYING to read this one! I definitely agree - when you take an anachronistic character and set them in our time, you're likely to bring out the absurdities and problems in our society. That's an aspect of this novel I hadn't really thought about, but it's a really good point and makes me want to read it even more! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review. I always want to read anything that gets 5/5! (and the cover is fantastic!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooo ready for a new fresh vampire book. Great review- I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good writer has the ability to let feelings flow through words. I will add Rebecca Maizel's books to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looked at this book in the store, but I wasn't sure that I wanted to read it. After reading your review, I am sure. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah! 5 out of 5 stars... must be a good book! I've added this to my to-read list a while ago and I can't wait to read it. Your review makes me look forward to it more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like books with immortal characters because they present a better view of todays world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so want to read this book! It seems so interesting and if you liked it, it must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review! I haven't heard much about this book, but what I have has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the concept of this book. It's somewhat different to other vampire books. You're review makes me really want to read Infinite Days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review! I soooo want this book after reading it!! Hope I win! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cover is beautiful, the plotline is intriguing and your review captures every aspect that leads me to fall love in a book.

    5 stars for YOU, honey!

    Tina @ Book Couture

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks to your fab review, I'm now hooked to the plot! Can't wait to get my hands on Infinite Days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just checked this book out from the library. Its good to hear someone say that they would read it again. Thats how I base if the book I just read was good or not.
    kjovus(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. All I can say is - wow. Review of Infinite Days sounds amazing. After some pause, I'm ready for another vampire romace. I keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard a lot of interesting things about this one. Thanks for your review! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the Review! This book sounds great and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was in Walmart the other day and picked it up to read the blurb. Sounded really interesting but looking at the hungry look in my hubby's eyes I put it back. Glad to see you enjoyed the book and now I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome review! I want to read this book so much -- it's been in my tbr. :(!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So nice to see there are still some interesting and original vampire books out there amongst all the rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This book looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The cover drew me in from the start, but I love the premise too! Interesting that it's a vampire turned human in this one. Great review, this is definitely going on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the review and giveaway! This book sounds really interesting. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails