Guest Post: Nicole from WORD

Sep 15, 2010
I've been trying to get some bloggers together to write some posts about how they handle bloggling and their lives. It may not seem too difficult, but trust me it is...

I'm excited to have Nicole from WORD for Teens doing a guest post today!  Her blog is very awesome, so check it out!

I'm going to tell you right now - if you are reading this, and you are a book blogger, and you are also in school, it's going to be a pain in the ass to juggle blogging and schoolwork.
I mean this in the best possible way. See, I didn't really get into blogging until my junior year of high school. Of course, that also means I was in my junior year of high school. Which meant that I was juggling AP classes, after school activities, a job, my attempt at a social life, and WORD.
And I still managed to get eight hours of sleep a night. Yeah, I know - insane.
So here are some TIPS and TRICKS on how to survive school and reading (and, in some cases, blogging):

1. Sleep. I know, it sounds ridiculous when you think about it - but when you're well rested, everything is easier for you. You can think better, function better, talk better, organize better. Speaking of that...
2. Organize! Calendars and planners are godly. Write down to do lists. If you have free time, don't dawdle around complaining you're bored, tackle something. And Post-It notes are your best friend.
3. Carry a book around with you.
You'll find yourself without things to do during class, during lunch, after a test, at the doctor's office. Books are your best friends.
4. Don't be afraid to stop reading or blogging.
If you're in a reading slump, or you have too much homework, or your friends want to see a movie with you - it's okay! Go, have fun. This isn't a job.
5. You are you.
Don't read something one of your friends wants you to if you know you're gonna hate it; reread a book if you really love it. Spend your time doing what you want to do.

Thank you for taking the time to write this out Nicole!

1 comments:

  1. I love Nicole. <3 I like her #2 and #3 points -- I've never really organized my blogging, or carry a book around with me (unless I'm in school). I normally don't like reading little excerpts: I'm a read in one sitting kind of girl.

    Useful help, nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails