It Started with a Dare by Lindsay Faith Rech

Sep 7, 2010
Publisher: Graphia
Pub. Date: September 13, 2010
ISBN: 0547235585
Pages: 312 pages
Source: Publisher
From amazon.com:
Self-proclaimed nobody CG Silverman sees her move to an upscale new school as her chance to be somebody different. Her devil-may-care attitude attracts the in-clique, and before CG realizes it, a routine game of truth or dare launches her to iconic status.
While this rebel image helps secure CG’s newfound popularity, it also propels her through a maze of unprecedented chaos, with each new lie and every dare opening doors that, in most cases, were better off left shut. CG is on a collision course with disaster. Will she be able to keep up the fa├žade? Or will the whole world find out she’s a fraud?
After receiving this book I could not wait to start reading. Although I had a huge pile of books to read, I set them aside and picked this one up. I feel like I had too high of hopes though.

The book starts off with CG in her new school. All of a sudden the "in-clique" decide she is going to be one of them. I found this very unrealistic. I know that it is a book, but isn't YA fiction supposed to resemble real life? Maybe my definition of YA is off...

After getting passed how quickly CG was accepted in the in crowd, the book didn't get much better. There was truth or dare and again the game was unrealistic. Her "friends" seemed interestingish, but they lost my attention soon enough.

Overall I did not enjoy this book. Maybe I analyzed it too much, or I expected too much. It was a good idea, but I don't think it was written well.

Rating: 3 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. It's a bummer that it wasn't what you were hoping. I'll still probably pick it up. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails