Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Sep 9, 2010
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Pub. Date: September 14, 2010
ISBN: 1599905108
Pages: 256 pages
Source: Publisher
From goodreads.com:
Avery Hood is reeling from the loss of her parents--and the fact that she can't remember what happened to them even though she was there.

She's struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn't like any guy she's ever met before.

It turns out there's a reason why, and Ben's secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents...

But what if that secret changes everything she knows about--and feels for--Ben?
I have heard about this book for weeks now! I've also heard mixed reviews, so I was excited to get a copy and see what I thought about it.

The first couple chapters hooked me. The whole mysterious feel of the book was definitely a page turner. After awhile the book got a bit slow though. I felt like it wasn't developing fast enough for me (it might just be me though).

Avery was a great main character. She wasn't a weak character and she held her own. Ben was a bit confusing though, I feel like I barely knew him when the book was over. If there is a sequel, I hope that there is more about Ben.

Overall it was an okay story. If this is going to be a series though, I think Ivy Devlin has a lot of potential.

Rating: 3 stars / 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on my copy of this book. I've heard good things about it overall and the premise really interests me. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the giveaway! I have wanted to read both of these books. Happy day!

    msdarcy22@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun giveaway! Thanks for doing one:)

    bchild5 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book so, so, so much! I've been hearing mixed reviews, but I'm pretty hyped for it! It just sounds so intriguing! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails