Need by Carrie Jones

Sep 27, 2010
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Pub. Date: December 23, 2008
ISBN: 1599903385
Pages: 320 pages
From goodreads.com:
Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.
First off, I don't think this cover does the book justice. I actually was hesitant to read it because the cover seems to portray a different kind of story than Need really is.

This story was really good and I couldn't have imagined how much I would enjoy it! All of the characters met the mark and made the story amazing. There was romance, suspense, a mystery and many twists. Carrie Jones has written a fantastic book and soon to be series.

My favorite character was definitely Nick and I can't wait to read more about him! I also loved the overall plot idea, I don't usually read faerie books, but this one made me swoon.

Overall I read this book and I loved it! Hopefully Captivate will be just as good...


Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read you enjoyed it. I'm a fan of the cover but that just goes to show... never judge a book by it's cover, I guess. We all have different tastes. I've got this one in my TBR pile. So glad you liked it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of this book <3 I love the cover of Captivate and the third novel, too. <3

    But I didn't like Need as much as I thought I would have. I mean, sure it was pretty good and had a few plot twists I was not expecting, but it was too reminiscent of Twilight. =x I did like it, though. It just wasn't a "wowzomgz" book. :P

    Great review <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book around the blogs but I've never really paid too much attention to it. I'm going to have to now, a romance, suspense and a mystery with loads of twists? Sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails