Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook

Oct 28, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub. Date: January 5, 2010
ISBN: 1416974334
Pages: 261 pages
From amazon.com:
Popularity is the best revenge.
In the final weeks of eighth grade, Lauren Wood made a choice. She betrayed her best friend, Helen, in a manner so publicly humiliating that Helen had to move to a new town just to save face. Ditching Helen was worth it, though, because Lauren started high school as one of the It Girls--and now, at the start of her senior year, she's the cheerleading captain, the quarterback's girlfriend, and the undisputed queen bee. Lauren has everything she's ever wanted, and she has forgotten all about her ex-best friend.
But Helen could never forget Lauren. After three years of obsessing, she's moving back to her old town. She has a new name and a new look, but she hasn't dropped her old grudges. She has a detailed plan to bring down her former BFF by taking away everything that's ever been important to Lauren—starting with her boyfriend.
Watch out, Lauren Wood.
I picked this book up mainly because I thought the cover was hilarious. I also heard that Eileen Cook is a very funny author.

Helen is still holding a grudge against Lauren for what she did. She wants revenge. I found that her determination to get revenge was a bit annoying. Many people kept trying to talk her out of it too, but she ignored them. I think she was a little too high on her horse and it got on my nerves. She was a bit of an obnoxious character overall.

The whole plot is based off another classic and I could see the resemblance. I don't think it holds anything against the original book though (...read the acknowledgments to find out what book it is based off). At times I was interested in the book and at other times I wanted to rush through. Mainly to find out what happens.

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood was also predictable. I eventually figured out what was going to happen and wasn't surprised to find I was right. There were a few funny parts in the book and I think the idea was really interesting. I wish it had been written better though.

Overall the book was okay.

Rating: 3 star / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. I really liked this book. It was kind of simple, and like you said predictable, but she's a really funny writer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails