Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales

Oct 5, 2010
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pub. Date: October 5, 2010
ISBN: 1442406798
Pages: 368 pages
Source: Publisher
From goodreads.com:
The higher you aim, the farther you fall….

It’s Violet’s junior year at the Westfield School. She thought she’d be focusing on getting straight As, editing the lit mag, and making Scott Walsh fall in love with her. Instead, she’s just trying to hold it together in the face of cutthroat academics, Scott Walsh’s new girlfriend, and the sense that things are going irreversibly wrong with her best friend, Katie.
When Katie starts making choices that Violet can’t even begin to fathom, Violet has no idea how to set things right between them. Westfield girls are trained for success—but how can Violet keep her junior year from being one huge epic fail?
I had seen Mostly Good Girls everywhere and couldn't wait to see what it was about. The summary caught my attention too and I was excited to get started. I wasn't sure what to expect though.

The beginning of the book is a bit slow and I had hoped it would get better. It didn't. I felt like a lot of the story was dragged on and some things weren't necessary. There wasn't really a point that I was really excited or even that interested.

Violet is a bland character. Katie was just as bland. I don't feel like any of the stories characters were good. None of them were interesting.

I don't like to give bad reviews, but I couldn't even finish this book. I didn't feel like it was going anywhere. I actually read the last chapter just to see what happened and I thought it was an odd ending.

Overall I didn't finish this book and I didn't think it was good. If you would like to pick up a copy though it is on sale today!

Rating: Did not finish reading.

1 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you couldn't finish this book! It sounded so promising during the summary, too!

    It's a shame this one didn't work out, but thank you for the honest review nonetheless! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails