Top Ten of the Year... So Far

Oct 18, 2010
For some reason I loved Must Love Books idea to post their Top Ten Favorite Books of the Year. So, I decided to do one too! I changed mine a tiny bit though and it is my "Top Ten of the Year... So far", because I know it'll change before the end of this year. So, I will do another one come late December or early January.
The list is in no particular order

1. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (Series)
    All I can say is, wow. I saw this book all over the book blogs and every time I went to the store, but I never got it. For some reason I just didn't want to read it. Maybe because the cover is a bit 'awkward' and the story has been given so many GREAT ratings... Well eventually I cave and read it and have not looked back. This is an amazing story! It is a beautiful story of first love and forbidden love. (I didn't care for the second book in this 'series' though....)

2. Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison
    I received this book from a trade and had not really heard of it before. I wasn't sure what to expect, I only had the persons word and she gave it high praise. After I finished reading it I was so emotionally... confused. In a good way. This story made me laugh, cry, and think about it non stop. I finished reading it about 4 days ago and I still think about it. I HIGHLY recommend this book! It is a breathtaking coming of age story.

3. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (Series)
    Another beautiful book about first love. On top of that you get action, faeries, and far away lands. What more could you ask of a book? I absolutely love this series and love Julie Kagawa for writing it! I recommend this series to everyone, as I do all of the books on this list. So, go and read it!

4. Deception by Lee Nichols (To-be Series)
    I have given this book away twice. Why? Because I fell in love with the characters and the story! I really wasn't expecting this one to be anything great, maybe a 3 star book. I definitely underestimated it though. Definitely go get this one along with all of the books on this list!

5. Miss Match by Erynn Mangum (Series)
    Definitely one of the best Christian books I have ever read. This is such an entertaining series and I was sad to see it end. Thankfully Erynn Mangum has another series out and I hope to get that one soon! If you like Christian Chick-Lit or (what I call) Christian YA, check this one out!

6. So Not Happening by Jenny B. Jones (Series)

    Another hilarious Christian series! This one is aimed at high school girls and I HIGHLY recommend this one too! It is probably one of the funniest series I have ever read and am really glad to have found it. Go. Read. It. Now!

7. Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs (Series)
    This is probably one of the top 3 funniest series I have read (along with the two books above). Tera Lynn Childs is hilarious and I love her writing! I find the Greek gods interesting (they had such an imagination!) and this series was like... putting chocolate and strawberries together, two of my favorite things together at last!

  8. Evermore by Alyson Noel (Series)
     This series has been beat up by so many people. I have been ridiculed because I like it even (okay, only by one person but still). So, if you didn't like it I'm sorry. If you haven't read it I recommend it, but don't expect to feel the same way as me. I loved this book! As for the rest of the series... It's okay.

9. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (To-be Series)
   I was so excited when I got this as an ARC, the cover was soo beautiful! (I can't wait to see it on the shelves!) I was hesitant to read it because vampires, werewolves, immortals, and faeries are all such overused topics now. It's hard to find a good book with them. This one was fantastic though! It is really long (in my opinion), but worth every page! Go buy it! 

  10. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Series)
        You knew it was coming... Go and read it if you haven't!








Most of these books I have reviewed and you can find those reviews on my Review page. There are so many books that I wanted to put on this list and picking ten was harder than I thought... A few 'honorable mentions' are My Soul To Save by Rachel Vincent, In the Spotlight by Ann Mauren, Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs, Infinite Days by Rebbecca Maizel and Captivate by Carrie Jones.

I want to also 'note' that when I mention a book in a series I tend to mean the whole series is a favorite (unless stated otherwise).

Do you have any books you would like to recommend? Or any comments about the books I've mentioned? Let me know below in the comments OR make your own 'top ten'! I would love to see what you put.

8 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of either of those Christian YA lit series but the covers do look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Perfect Chemistry too. Def one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I don't think I could come up with a top 10 for this year. I didn't like that many books! Some of my picks would have to be books that I only gave 3 stars to.

    I think my New Year's resolution needs to be "Read some better books!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! There are a few on it that I've had in my TBR pile for awhile and NEED to get to soon.

    My list is already changing since I posted mine a few days ago. I will also have to do it again by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I will do this in Dec, but I have a feeling last sacrifice will be on there.

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with you on the iron king and the hunger games. hunger games is definitely on my top ten of all time. thanks for stopping by our blog :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dig this list so much!
    I haven't read some of them but I have ordered theIron King and Nightshade! :)
    I havent read Everomore but I havent really read any bad reviews... o_0
    I don't think it's that bad! The cover looks awesome!
    Thanks for the recs! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of them are on my TBR list on goodreads :) I already read Evermore and I agree with you. You should read Nevermore by Kelly Creagh, it was so much better than I thought it would be. I got it at the library and ended up loving it! Now I'm going to have to buy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails