2011 YA Historical Fiction Challenge

Nov 27, 2010
I've decided to be apart of a new challenge from Sabrina at YA Bliss called the "YA Historical Fiction Challenge".

I am a fan of historical fiction, but have found myself not reviewing that much. So, doing this challenge will be a great way for me to start reading and reviewing more. If you're not exactly sure what historical fiction is here is the definition:

Historical fiction: tells a story that is set in the past. That setting is usually real and drawn from history, and often contains actual historical persons, but the principal characters tend to be fictional. Writers of stories in this genre, while penning fiction, attempt to capture the spirit, manners, and social conditions of the persons or time(s) presented in the story, with due attention paid to period detail and fidelity. (Wikipedia)

I've decided to shoot for Level 3 and read 15 HF books in 2011. Here is a list of some that I will read:

  1. Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
  2. Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen (4 Stars)
  3. Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
  4. Invisible Things by Jenny Davidson
  5. A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee
  6. Revolution by Jennifer Donelly
  7. Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
  8. Faithful by Janet Fox
  9. Everlasting by Angie Frazier
  10. Timeless by Alexandra Monir





To find out more about this challenge or join visit the YA Historical Fiction Challenge post.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining and wow you have excellent choices! I'm currently reading Bright Young Things and it is AWESOME! Good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The YA historical fiction challenge sounds great! I may enter...thanks for the shout-out!

    I love your cute blog design by the way. And your posts are fantastic, I'm definitely following you for more.

    Happy reading,
    Tina @ Book Couture

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails