The Ivy by Lauren Kunze with Rina Onur

Nov 8, 2010
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Pub. Date: August 31, 2010
ISBN: 0061960454
Pages: 320 pages
Source: Publisher
From goodreads.com:
 Freshman year at Harvard--glamorous parties, blossoming friendships, steamy romances, and scandalous secrets. Skip the campus tour and get right to the good stuff: classes are for scoping guys (and their Facebook profiles), not taking notes. The library is for study dates (the medieval history stacks get a lot of action), not studying. And success is a 4.0 GPA... plus getting into the most exclusive parties. How will Callie--a California girl with brains, beauty, and big dreams--and her three roommates survive?

Get admitted to The Ivy, the first book in a provocative new series about the world of the Ivy League.
I can't remember when I heard about this book, but I have been dieing to read it since! Not only did it sound like a crazy/amazing plot, but it takes place at Harvard! Please forgive me for the overused amount of !'s.

Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur are a double threat! The hype for The Ivy worried me because I get my hopes up and find I am let down. I found this book incredibly fun and interesting though! The Ivy is only the first in the series too!

The plot was wonderfully crafted with humor, drama, friendships, romance and much more. You won't get bored with so much going on! I was actually surprised to find so much humor in it, but I'm defintiely not complaining. It was interesting following Callie during the beginning of her freshman year. You'll get an inside look to college and Harvard!

Callie was a cute character, not my favorite, but I am excited to see her grow through the series. Mimi was my favorite because of her adorable personality and awesome style. The guys of this book were also AMAZING. My favorite would have to be Gregory though, he's extremely swoon-worthy. All of the characters made this story a great read and even surprised me a few times.

Overall this was a great to start to what looks like a wonderful series. I would like to warn any younger readers though--this book contains many mature subjects (drinking, sex, and much more). I recommend it to the older crowds (high school and up). I would also like to warn readers of the possibly great need/want to go to Harvard after reading this book...

Rating: 4 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. Hehe, you weren't kidding with the exclamation marks. xD

    I'm actually getting my hands on a copy of this soon, so I'm excited to get to read it! :) Great review. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails