Jane by April Lindner

Nov 2, 2010
Publisher: Poppy
Pub. Date: October 11, 2010
ISBN: 0316084204
Pages: 384 pages
Source: Publisher
From goodreads.com:

Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.

Part irresistible romance and part darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers.
First thoughts: 
The cover is so captivating! I found it beautiful and mysterious. I've always loved classic remakes of stories too. There was no way I could pass reading this one. 


Review:
The characters in this book weren't very interesting. I found Jane to be a bit bland and Nico odd. I thought that the character Brenda was pretty good, for her purpose. The relationships between characters seemed forced and very unreal too. 


April Lindner wanted to re-create Jane Eyre and I  can't say if she did it right or not because I have never read the book. I found the plot to be extremely strange though. Things happened randomly and out of nowhere. Not in a good, SURPRISE way either. 


I thought that I would love this book, but it ended up falling short for me. I've never read Jane Eyre and I don't plan to after reading this. 


Overall this book wasn't good. I found it weird and uninteresting. 

Rating: 2 stars / 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. Awe I was hoping this would be a good read. I'm probably still going to read it, but I'm not to eager to do so after reading your review.
    I've read Jane Eyre though, and while it was a bit slow going at first I loved the story once I got into it. I definitely recommend you read Jane Eyre. I know personally I don't like to read re-creations of books unless I've read the originals because they're trying to hint and emulate at, not completely copy the original text, and I enjoy it more when I know what it was they based it off of.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
    ♪♫ Ambur
    ambiepie_6(at)hotmail(dot)com
    Burning.x.Impossibly.x.Bright

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. I loved the original, so it's a little iffy for me to try this version, but I'll probably still give it a shot. Honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this book and have it in my TBR pile, but maybe I'll read some of the other things I have waiting first!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails