Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

Nov 15, 2010
Publisher: Clarion Books
Pub. Date: November 15th, 2010
ISBN: 0547330081
Pages: 322 pages
Source: Author
From goodreads.com:
Teagan Wylltson's best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures--goblins, shape-shifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty--are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn't worried. Her life isn't in danger. In fact, it's perfect. She's on track for a college scholarship. She has a great job. She's focused on school, work, and her future. No boys, no heartaches, no problems.

Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives. Finn's a bit on the unearthly beautiful side himself. He has a killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. And either he's crazy or he's been haunting Abby's dreams, because he's talking about goblins, too . . . and about being The Mac Cumhaill, born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby's right.

The goblins are coming.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I first received this book, but was excited to give it a try. The author had seen that I also like Christian fiction and I was surprised to find out that this book it Christian fiction in the "C.S. Lewis way". 

I found the goblins in this book absolutely captivating! As weird as that may sound. They created a one of a kind story that kept me glued to my chair and it's pages. Like many, I find myself growing tired of vampires and all things related. Definitely pick up Tyger Tyger if you feel the same and even if you don't I'm sure you'll still love it!


The characters were wonderfully written and I found myself falling in love with Finn. Teagan was a good character, but I didn't find her to be the most interesting. All of the characters work together to create this brilliant story.


And of course I can't forget about the setting! I haven't read such an amazing book with such a beautifully and uniquely crafted setting in awhile. To be honest, I am not one for a lot of descriptions in books, but Tyger Tyger wouldn't have been the same without them. You will find yourself in their world and wonder why Kersten Hamilton didn't release this book sooner.


Overall this book was nothing like I expected and cannot wait to read the rest of the series!

Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. Great review! This one sounds so intriguing to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails