Dumbledore, Christmas, and Roommates

Dec 6, 2010
I'm excited to have Nicole from WORD for Teens doing the first guest post of my Holiday Celebration.Without further ado...

Christmas is my favorite holiday. It's not just the cheery Christmas jingles (though I love them), or decorating the Christmas tree with the family (which is amazingly fun), or the fantastic Christmas cookies (yum).

It's giving presents.

You heard me right. I love giving presents, not getting them. It's the only time of year I spend a ridiculous amount of money.

This year I have a new set of friends to buy for - my college friends. As I've only met them this year, I've spent way too much energy figuring out what to buy them. My friend Andrew is getting a Boondock Saints t-shirt - he loves the movies! My friend Megan adores Spongebob, so she got a Spongebob t-shirt and a Hello Kitty Pez dispenser.

But where does Dumbledore come into this, you ask?

Well, my roommate Julia and I both adore Harry Potter - she probably more than anybody I know. She has a giant notebook dedicated to things she's noticed in the books, and I mean obscure things. Proof that Hogwarts has a rotating schedule, calculations figuring out Voldemort's birthday, a sketch on how the different bottles in the Sorcerer's Stone challenge would look and the order they go in.

She's wanted Ginny Weasley's wand for as long as she can remember.

Guess what I got for her this year?

I'm practically bursting with excitement to give it to her, because I know she's going to adore it. I'm making a Hogwarts acceptance letter along with it to give to her - you can see the images below - and taking tea bags and going at the paper to make it seem like old parchment.


Click to enlarge pictures!

I'm. So. Excited.

What are you excited to GIVE this year?

3 comments:

  1. That's such an awesome gift! I bet she's going to love it!!

    One thing I'm really excited about giving is a bookmark I'm making right now... it's cross-stitched and it spells out the word 'Peace', and with each loop of each letter there's a peace sign in it. In the pattern it was all one colour, but I'm making each letter a different colour. It's for my best friend who's obsessed with the '60s, so I'm pretty sure she's going to love it. I also made a bookmark for her Mom which has flowers on it, and she loves taking pictures of flowers and plants, so I think she'll like that too.

    There are a ton of other gifts I'm exciting about giving, but I think those ones stick out because they're homemade and I put some extra thought into picking out patterns for them and making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom NEVER gets the kind of gifts she totally deserves, so I made her list 10 things she REALLY wants. I'm planning on spending an insane amount of money this month, mainly on HER. I can't wait to see her reaction to the presents! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very epic of you to do for her! I'm sure she'll love it and love you forever! Lol.

    As much as I love giving I also love receiving mwuahaha But no, I'm sending presents to a few friends, some of their favorite stuff so it makes me happy knowing their happy.

    Happy Holidays to you and your friends!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails