My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

Dec 7, 2010
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date: January 6, 2009
ISBN:  0802797806
Pages: 320 pages
Source: Author
From goodreads.com:
After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight. Laughs abound in this clever fairy tale twist from a master of romantic comedy.
Please give me a moment while I stop laughing (for a good reason)...This book is one of the funniest I have read in awhile and it is definitely one you shouldn't miss!

I loved the retelling of Snow White and Cinderella and how Janette Rallison gave readers a whole new perspective on the characters. Too be honest, I never thought of anyone retelling them since they are, in my mind, classics. I loved her retelling almost as much as the original! It was very unique and it will keep you interested.

Savannah was such a joy to read about. She the kind of protagonist I love to read about! Every time she turns around something is going wrong and you'll not only feel sorry for her, but also laugh along her "journey" to fix those problems. Tristan was also a great character, he wasn't my absolute favorite, but he is the kind of person I wanted Savannah to end up with. I absolutely love Chrissy, the Fair Godmother. She always did the perfect thing... to make you laugh.

Overall I loved this book. I will say that there were somethings that I found predictable, but I feel like the humor made up for it. I definitely recommend this to everyone and I can't wait to read more books from her!

Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. You're right, this is a really cute and funny book. =) I definitely enjoy Janette Rallison's books... I can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Just One Wish by Rallison and thought this would be just as good but I couldn't get into it at all. It's a shame but I'm glad you liked it because Janette has great talent.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails