Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Dec 2, 2010
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pub. Date: August 31st 2010
ISBN: 0061985848
Pages: 335 pages
Source: Publisher
From goodreads.com:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
If you're a regular blog reader, then I'm sure you've seen countless reviews for this book. I'm also sure you've got a good idea of how good this book is about. I mean I've seen the endless amount of great reviews this book has received. Trust me. Well, I've finally read this book and I have to say this review will be no different than the others.

This book has to be one of the most unique I have read. Kiersten White takes all things 'paranormal' and makes them entirely her own. She made me see vampires, faeries, and mermaids in a whole new light! I also loved IPCA, mainly because I think governments might be crazy enough to have something like this...

As for Evie, I found her to be a good protagonist. She wasn't necessarily my favorite or the strongest, but she kept my interest and I felt as though I was along side her the whole time. I definitely think this was a great first book and I hope to see her grow more as the series goes on. I think that Kiersten also did a good job with the minor characters. I loved Lish, Jacques, and Lorethan. All of the characters are unique and I can't wait to see who else Kiersten has in store for us.

Oh bleep! I had been waiting for so long to read this book and I was afraid all the buzz was setting me up for a let down. I can honestly say that all of those reviews were 100% correct in building this book up.

Overall I highly recommend this book and I can't wait for the sequel!

Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. oh yes! I have heard such great reviews for this one! I really want it but my bestfriend (very very similar taste in books) couldn't even finish it so that off puts me (: But you just made me want it more haha.

    I'm a new follower (:

    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been a lot of reviews, but it was such a good book. I like reading how much people enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails