Timeless by Alexandra Monir

Jan 18, 2011

Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date:  January 11th 2011
ISBN:  0385738382
Pages: 288 pages
Source: Publisher
From Goodreads.com:
When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.
 
First off, the cover of this book is absolutely beautiful! It definitely caught my eye and made me interested in the book, the summary made me even more interested!

The plot was okay. I didn't find it to be anything amazing, but it wasn't bad either. I liked Alexandra Monir's writing though, she did a wonderful job and creating both worlds. I enjoyed the mystery and romance that was incorporated too. The best part of the plot was the end. It was a completely shocking cliffhanger that left me both stunned and looking for more pages!

Michele was an okay protagonist. I didn't find her very unique, but she worked for the story. I did however love the boy that she fell in love with. He is completely swoon-worthy and I loved the time Michele spent with him. It was more the romance between them that kept me reading, although the mystery behind him was also interesting.

Overall this story was okay, but the cliffhanger left me wanting more! Alexandra Monir definitely knows how to make readers want more...

Rating: 4 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. I've been curious about this one because I love the cover as well and the summary makes it sound amazing. Though, I don't like the sound of the plot only being "okay". I guess I'll to give it a try sometime soon. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails