I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Feb 8, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pub. Date:  August 3rd 2010
ISBN:  0061969559
Pages: 440 pages
Source: Publisher
From Goodreads.com:
In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.
I'm sure by now all of you have either heard of this book or the movie coming out that is based on this book. I am someone who likes to read the book first and I'm really glad I read this before seeing the movie!

The whole aliens on earth plot line was so creative and I loved every minute of this story! It had a great mix of adventure, romance, and even a bit of mystery. There were times that I was on the edge of my seat and times when I didn't know what to expect. This book was definitely one of the most unique I have read in awhile.

The characters were great too. Number Four (or John) seemed to be such an average teenage boy and then he would surprise me with some alien thing. I guess I'm a bit slow, but a lot of times I forgot he was an alien and not human. I liked that though because it showed how easily he could become apart of Earth and forget about Lorien. As for the other characters, they were all good and they went well with the story. I felt like Sarah was a bit unbelievable though, just because I found her too perfect.

Overall this was an amazing story that kept me reading and didn't let me put it down. I can't wait for the movie and the next book in the series!

Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm currently in the middle of reading this book actually :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails