Never Say Never by Lisa Wingate

Feb 14, 2011
Publisher: Bethany House
Pub. Date: February 1st 2010
ISBN:  0764204920
Pages: 352 pages
Source: Publisher
From Goodreads.com:
Kai Miller floats through life like driftwood tossed by waves. She's never put down roots in any one place--and she doesn't plan to. But when a chaotic hurricane evacuation lands her in Daily, Texas, she begins to think twice about her wayfaring existence. And when she meets hometown-boy Kemp Eldridge, she can almost picture settling down in Daily--until she discovers he may be promised to someone else. Daily has always been a place of refuge for those the wind blows in, but for Kai, it looks like it will be just another place to leave behind. Then again, Daily always has a few surprises in store--especially when Aunt Donetta has cooked up a scheme.
After reading this book, I found it is apart of a series called the Daily Texas Series. I also want to note that this is a Christian book, but for those who don't like very 'preachy' books, this one is for you. Lisa Wingate incorporates her faith in a very light way, but you are still able to see her strong faith.

The whole idea of a hurricane was very new to me. I've never read another book about one. It was interesting to see the chaos that ensues during evacuation. I liked that Lisa also included a couple of kind-hearted characters, it shows you that there are a few good people in the world. It make me step back and see how I can be better. I also loved Daily, Texas. The setting of a small town was something new to me too. There can definitely be a lot of drama within one. Lisa Wingate's writing was fresh and I enjoyed every minute of it.

This book is written in alternating points of view: Donetta and Kai. I loved reading Donetta because she was such a strong and witty character. I also loved her little quirky words, such as "intra-net". Kai was a wonderful character to read about too. She struck me as younger than twenty-seven though, more like twenty-twoish. Even so, it was nice to see her grow as a character and overcome her past. There was also a very swoon-worthy guy...

Overall this was a wonderful book and I can't wait to read more about Daily, Texas and Lisa Wingate's other books.

Rating: 3.5 stars / 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails