Things I Know About Love by Kate Le Vann

Feb 10, 2011
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Pub. Date: June 22nd 2010
ISBN:  1606840789
Pages: 160 pages
From Goodreads.com:
Livia's experience of love has been disappointing to say the least. But all that is about to change. After years of illness, she's off to spend the summer with her brother in America. She's making up for lost time, and she's writing it all down in her private blog. America is everything she ever dreamed of - and then she meets Adam. Can Livia put the past behind her and risk falling in love again?
I picked up this book because I loved the cover and the summary sounded really cute. I was surprised to found how short it was though.

Throughout the story I found the book to be very light and an easy read. It wasn't anything incredibly riveting or interesting, but I liked it. I thought it was a cute "summery" read. I thought it was quite predictable though, mainly because the story has been done over and over again. Many reviews I've read said they were surprised/shocked by the ending too, but I saw it coming. Even so, it impacted me and it broke my heart.

As for the characters, I really loved Livia. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it was probably because she was very real and relate-able. The only problem with her was that throughout the book I kept thinking that Livia was about 16 years old, and continually was surprised that she was actually 18. Adam was a very likable character too, nothing special but I loved the relationship he had with Livia.

Overall the story was good and I recommend it to those who are just looking for a cute read.

Rating: 3.5 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. Becky's Barmy Book Blog has awarded you the 'One Lovely Blog' Award. Congrats.
    http://beckysbarmybookblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/prizes-and-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails