Blog Files: Why I read paranormal.

Mar 25, 2011

This week it's more like Book Files. I've gotten a lot of comments on the "weird" books I read. Not from bloggers, but from friends who are sadly not exposed to the amazing book blogger world and therefore have no knowledge of books other than The Scarlet Letter and Judy Blume. So, back to the point. Most people who see the Paranormal books I read think it's weird. I'm here today to tell you why in fact it is not weird and it is becoming what I only read.

I'm going to take you back to a time before Twilight... Yeah I know it's hard to go back, but there was a time. During this time I did not read Paranormal books. I did not know there were such a thing. It was either normal books about people or books that were weird and science fictiony. (I was young and naive so I did not know correct terms, don't judge). After Twilight I was in shock that these books could be good and were in fact called Paranormal

I haven't looked back since.

Contemporary teen romance novels were what I read mostly. Now they have become very repetitive and I cant usually guess how they play out. It is frustrating to say the least. With Paranormal books they are usually never the same AND many have romance. (If a book does not have a romantic element to it I cannot usually get into it). So basically I read Paranormal because of the endless possibilites the genre holds.

Authors can do whatever the please in this amazing genre and it interests me so much to think about mermaids, faeries, "real" Greek gods, and much more. I've also come to love another genre called Dystopians, but that's a whole other post...

What is your favorite genre and why do you read Paranormal books? 



Have a great week/end!


2 comments:

  1. My favorite genres are historical inspy romance and contemp inspy romance. But I can get sick of even my favorite genres and I need something totally different like a paranormal YA, dystopian, or literary fiction to cleanse my palate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is paranormal, although i can't stand Twilight (sorry). I had to read 'Marked' by P.C & Kristin Cast for a book day at work, and it got me hooked. :D
    Like you I like the possibility that the books can go anywhere and do anything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails