Christy Millers Diary by Robin Jones Gunn

Mar 1, 2011
Publisher: Robins Nest Productions, Inc
Pub. Date:  September 27th 2010
ISBN:  098287720X
Pages: 187 pages
From The Back of the Book:
 When Uncle Bob presented Christy with a diary at the beginning of her sophomore year in high school, he told her to write down what she was thinking and feeling. Christy took his advice and soon found that the diary became a favorite place to go when she needed to sort out the tumble-together ups and downs of life. Most of her entries ended up being connected to guys-first Todd, then Rick, then Doug, and then Todd again. Through it all, Christy's diary held the secrets of her heart.

What's Christy thinking and feeling after she graduates from high school? After college? After she gets married? You'll find out here, on the pages of Christy Miller's Diary.
I am a huge fan of the Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn and it was a no-brainer for me to get this book! It is a companion to the series and it follows Christy from the very first book to a year after Todd and her get married. Anyone who is interested in reading this book should probably read the series first, I'm sure it would be fine to read this first though too.

Christy Miller has been one of my favorite female protagonists for a long time and I loved getting a closer look at her in her diary. I was able to really see her grow in faith throughout the diary. It was nice to see that not everyday was a good one for her too; it made her seem more real and I liked to see how she used her faith to bring her out of the "slums".

Overall this was a wonderful companion to the Christy Miller series and I am really glad that I bought the book. I highly recommend the entire series and I hope you check it out!

Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see a review of this!! The Christy series has been one of my favourites since I was around 10 years old. I bought this release even though I have the original version, and I can't wait to check out what has been added to it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails