Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal

Mar 28, 2011
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date: January 5th 2011
ISBN: 038573901X
Pages: 368 pages
Source: Publisher
From Goodreads.com:
When an unexpected inheritance enables Ari to transfer to an elite Manhattan prep school, she makes a wealthy new friend, Leigh. Leigh introduces Ari to the glamorous side of New York--and to her gorgeous cousin, Blake. Ari doesn't think she stands a chance, but amazingly, Blake asks her out. As their romance heats up, they find themselves involved in an intense, consuming relationship. Ari's family worries that she is losing touch with the important things in life, like family, hard work, and planning for the future.

When misfortune befalls Blake's family, he pulls away, and Ari's world drains of color. As she struggles to get over the breakup, Ari must finally ask herself: were their feelings true love . . . or something else?
I had heard nothing but praise for this book so when I got it I dove right in.

 The plot was your average teenage girls life kind of plot. The author wrote it so well though and I was intrigued the entire time. She captured every part of a relationship so beautifully. There wasn't a dull point, the story had so many interesting points and kept moving.

Ari was such a great character. I saw a lot of myself in her and I'm sure others will too.  I know that if I find myself in any of her situations I will react the same way. She really taught me a lot. All of the other characters were characterized really well. I felt like I personally knew them and they each had a large part in the story.

Overall this book blew me away. I would just like to note that there is a lot of strong cussing and sexual jokes/topics, so I only recommend this to those in high school and up.

Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails