Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

Apr 14, 2011
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Pub. Date:  February 1st 2011
ISBN: 1595545395
Pages: 320 pages
From Goodreads.com:

When Alex and Lucy pick out wedding invitations, they wonder if they can be printed in vanishing ink.
Former NFL star Alex Sinclair is a man who has it all--except the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancee in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy will find her heart on the line--and maybe even her life. When God asks Alex and Lucy to scrap their playbook and follow his rules, will they finally say, "I do"?
Jenny B Jones is one of my favorite authors and when I found out she had a new book coming out I could not wait. I waited for months and finally it arrived on my doorstep ready to be read and boy I read it! I did not put it down after page 1....

I feel like I've seen a movie and/or show with the "fake marriage" storyline, but I was so excited to see Jenny B Jones take on it. Let me just say she did a wonderful job! I loved every bit of the story and it just made me so happy. (Sounds cheesy, but it's true). I don't feel like there was one slow spot and if there was then it was obviously overshadowed by the overall greatness of this book.

I would first like to say that Alex was VERY yummy. I absolutely fell in love with him and his entire persona. Lucy was also such a fun character. I loved that the book was in alternate points of view with the two of them. I have to note that I had two other favorite characters, but won't say who exactly due to possible spoilery bits. (If you're really interested shoot me an email!)

Overall Jenny B. Jones has done it again! I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next.

Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to think if I've read anything by her... I'm not sure! Either way, I saw this one a while ago on Goodreads and it looks quite interesting! Glad you enjoyed it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds pretty interesting... I'm gonna go check it out! Thanks for the review :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails