Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer

Apr 5, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: April 5th 2011
ISBN: 0061834580
Pages: 384 pages
Source: Author
From Goodreads.com:
Sixteen-year-old Tansy Piper moves with her grandfather and her mother, a horror writer, to the setting of her mother's next book--a secluded house outside of a tiny, desolate West Texas town. Lonely and upset over the move, Tansy escapes into her photography and the dark, seductive poems she finds hidden in the cellar, both of which lure her into the mind and world of a mysterious, troubled young man who died sixty years earlier.
I admit that my interest of this book was mainly because of the cover. It is so... I don't know how to describe it. Not necessarily mesmerizing, but kind of haunting. After I picked this up and started reading it I was a  bit reluctant. Sure the cover was great, but a story about... ghosts? I'm not one for ghost stories or big mysteries, Through Her Eyes changed my view though.


Tansy just moved into a mysterious house and people tell her it is haunted. That's how it starts and from there is gets so incredibly interesting. It sounds cheesy and like it might be a cookie cutter mystery/ghost story, I felt it was so much better. The biggest mystery had me guessing until the end, I find now-a-days most books are very predictable, not this one. There were smaller things that I guessed and a few things that I figured out too, but it was still really good. Jennifer created the perfect creepy setting and air of mystery throughout the entire book.


Tansy is a good heroine. She wasn't necessarily my favorite, but I enjoyed reading through her eyes (haha). The way she dealt with things was similar to what I think I might do. The one thing that bothered me about her was that she didn't seem to learn from her mistakes... As for the other characters they were alright. None of them really stuck out to me, but I guess they didn't really need to since it is Tansy's story. I will say that although Tate Hudson is very yummy, he was a bit frustrating.


Overall this was a great story and I cannot wait to see more from Jennifer Archer. Through Her Eyes has it all: mystery, romance, family problems, and a ghost. I may not read many ghost stories or mysteries, but after reading this one I might give them a try more often.


Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails