My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison

May 9, 2011
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date:  April 12th 2011
ISBN: 0802722369
Pages: 320 pages
From Goodreads.com:
Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother. 
After reading the first book in this series, My Fair Godmother, I could not wait to read more from Janette Rallison. When I found out that My Unfair Godmother was coming out I may have did a little jump for joy...

Janette Rallison has such a talent. She is funny, smart, and makes a wonderful companion to any boring day, at least her the books she writes do. (I'm sure she's fun to hang out with though). Seriously though, her books are so incredibly funny and descriptive. I love the way she is able to take me back to the olden days and make me feel like I'm there. I also love her take on the new fairy tales in this book, it definitely gives me a new look at Robin Hood and even Rumpelstiltskin.

Tansy was such a cute character. She had regular everyday teenage girl problems, and though it may sound boring it was nice reading about a girl just like yourself. I feel like she really reflected many girls of the world today. Janette Rallison was able to weave in some wonderful morals that have come about in our time and some from the olden days that still very much apply today. She did this through her wonderful 'cast' of characters who I fell in love with.

Although this book was great, I still feel like the first one was better. It's hard not to compare the two because they are in the same series. I felt like the first was more 'high energy' and kept me constantly wanting to read on, while this one had a pretty good pace, but it didn't kill me to have to set it aside once in awhile. That is why I am only giving this book 4 stars, because it just didn't have that 'reel me in and not let go' factor.

Overall this was a classic Janette Rallison that will keep you laughing and hopefully wanting to check out more of her books! I highly recommend reading My Fair Godmother first.

Rating: 4 stars / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book! Everything of Janette's that I've read, I've adored. I couldn't get enough of Hudson in this book.
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book i have read the book 2 times and the second one to!!!! The story is just so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails