Buy a NOOK?

Jun 22, 2011
I've recently been receiving some great books to read and review, the only problem is they are in ebook format.

I don't currently have an ereader, but I'm thinking about changing that! I have no idea which reader to get though. I'm looking to only get it to read these books for review. So I don't need anything fancy. I was thinking about getting the newest NOOK.

Do any of you own the new NOOK? If so, what do you think about it? I'm only looking to use it to read. The biggest issue I have with it is the small screen. Do you have any trouble with it?

Also! Should I get a cover if I buy it? Or is it not necessary?

If you have an ereader that you love and think I should consider please let me know too!

3 comments:

  1. I believe I have a similar problem. I'll be watching for some good suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan (Reading World)June 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM

    I just bought a Nook. I got it because we were going to Europe and needed to travel light. With the color Nook I could have all the books I'd need and a way to access email and the internet. As an e-reader, it works fine. I thought I wouldn't like reading off a screen, but the page size was fine and the pages turned quickly enough. The only problem is paging back and forth. It's not like a real book. As far as internet access, I was less pleased. It's clunky. The touchpad is oversensitive sometimes and other times it takes numerous taps before it responds. And the screen is TINY for trying to browse. But if you're used to a smartphone of any kind, it shouldn't be a problem. I still prefer paper, but I can see using the Nook for reading when I need something portable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the new nook, but I got the 3G in December. I love it. I still prefer paper books, but having an ereader is so convenient sometimes.

    You don't need a cover, but you'll feel better about carting your reader around if you have on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails