Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs

Jun 14, 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Pub. Date:  June 28th 2011
ISBN: 0061914681
Pages: 320 pages
Source: Publisher
From Goodreads.com:

On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.
Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?
The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?
Tera Lynn Childs’s sequel to Forgive My Fins offers another tail-flicking romance with plenty of fun, sun, and underwater adventure.

I will try to make this review as spoiler free as possible, by doing so it will probably be pretty short.

I want to say that I adored FORGIVE MY FINS (the first book in this series) and could not wait to dive into this one. My expectations were high and I think that is why I felt semi-let down.

Tera Lynn Childs is brilliant and I love her mythology-in-the-present-day-books. Her first two were so achingly good and FORGIVE MY FINS was just as yummy. I feel like this one lacked something though. It just didn't reel me in as much as the last one did.

There was one particular thing that bothered me about this book and for no apparent reason. That one thing just got under my skin, and not in a good way.

Most of the characters were the same as when we left them in the first book. I wish they had grown just a bit more though.

As you're reading this you're probably thinking I did not like this book. Well, I did (like it, I mean). It was still a fun TLC read and I would recommend it. I just feel like maybe it has "second book blues", and I just hope the third book (please let there be one!), is able to bring this series back to it's previously awesome merlife.

Overall if you read the first book then definitely read this one. While it is not the best, you still don't want to miss it.

Rating: 4 stars / 5 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails