She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

Jun 27, 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Pub. Date: May 25th 2010
ISBN: 1416999523
Pages: 304 pages
Source: Trade
From Goodreads.com
When having money is all that matters, what happens when you lose it all?
Perfect, picturesque Orchard Hill. It was the last thing Ally Ryan saw in the rear-view mirror as her mother drove them out of town and away from the shame of the scandal her father caused when his hedge fund went south and practically bankrupted all their friends -- friends that liked having trust funds and new cars, and that didn't like constant reminders that they had been swindled. So it was adios, Orchard Hill. Thanks for nothing.
Now, two years later, Ally's mother has landed a job back at the site of their downfall. So instead of Ally's new low-key, happy life, it'll be back into the snake pit with the likes of Shannen Moore and Hammond Ross.
But then there's Jake Graydon. Handsome, wealthy, bored Jake Graydon. He moved to town after Ally left and knows nothing of her scandal, but does know that he likes her. And she likes him. So off into the sunset they can go, right? Too bad Jake's friends have a problem with his new crush since it would make Ally happy. And if anyone deserves to be unhappy, it's Ally Ryan.
Ally was hoping to have left all the drama in the past, but some things just can't be forgotten. Isn't there more to life than money?
I received this book from a trade made months and months ago. I picked it up a couple of days ago without any expectations, merely curiosity. Curiosity as to why this book was recommended to me in a trade. Before I even start on the actual review, let me just say I am so incredibly glad it was recommended to me. (Thank you Erica!)

The whole idea of this story is something very unique to me. I've never come across a book with this plot line and I don't even know if I want to again because I don't think anything can compare to Kieran Scott's writing. She created such an entertaining and captivating story that I could not put down.

How could a story about an ex-rich girl surrounded by rich snobs be captivating you ask? With the crazy pranks, a hot boy, a bit of mystery, ex-friend fights, and a hot boy, Kieran Scott has written something close to a masterpiece. It's not just your average rich neighborhood with a bunch of snobs who own nothing but homes with at least three levels, and of course their bratty kids who alienate themselves from the "normal" people in their high school story. It's a wonderful coming of age story that just happens to have cat fights, cruel ex-friends, and a hot guy.

I  enjoyed reading from the alternating points of view of Ally and Jake. Ally was someone I really liked reading about, and I found myself rooting for her from the very start. Jake was... for a lack of words, so incredibly swoon-worthy. I really fell hard for this (sadly fictitious) boy. The supporting characters are nothing short of crazy and entertaining as well.

Overall I cannot believe it took me this long to read this book. I truly fell in love with it and am DIEING to get my hands on the sequel. UPS cannot get here fast enough.

Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars


2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! One of my favourites of 2010, it was absolutely hilarious. Glad you enjoyed it - I can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails