Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder

Jul 26, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
Pub. Date:  April 1st 2010
ISBN: 037321006X
Pages: 315 pages
Source: Library (ebook)
Keep Your Head Down.
Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.


I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.


I'd been putting off reading this book for awhile now, I'm not sure why, I just didn't feel the need to read it. Now after having read it I'm glad I put it off for awhile, I've been in need of a good dystopian and this was just the thing.

The plot of this book wasn't extremely unique, but the way Maria V Snyder wrote it made it very interesting. She was so descriptive that I could truly picture the Inside. It was fantastic. I absolutely loved the way Snyder wrote this book.  


I loved all of the characters. Truly. And how often have I ever said that? Never. Trella is such a strong protagonist. She was smart, tough, caring, and so much more. Along with Trella I fell in love with Riley and Cogon. I feel like they were both so different, yet entirely the same. Both Riley and Cogon were my favorites beyond Trella. Along with the three all of the other characters fit the story so well and made it wonderful.

Overall I'm at a loss for words for this book. It was just really good. I will say that while this was a great book, it wasn't my absolute favorite. That's the reason I only gave it 4.5 stars.

Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars




3 comments:

  1. Trella sounds like the type of MC I love to read about and root for. Just that small blurb is enough to really get a sense of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read this one for a while, I love dystopian and I'm intrigued by the story! glad you enjoyed it, it definitely looks like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read this series. I loved Ms. Snyder's Poison Study series and this one looks really good too. I think any book where you fall for all the characters is definitely something I should look into. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails