Secrets (The Ivy #2) by Lauren Kunze with Rina Onur

Jul 11, 2011
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Pub. Date: June 1st 2011
ISBN: 0061960470
Pages: 336 pages
Source: Publisher
From Goodreads.com:

Reputation, Reputation, Reputation.
You're a student at the most prestigious university in the country, and you've been tapped for the most elite social club. You've made it!
Now Don't Blow It!
Callie Andrews triumphed during her first semester at Harvard: she made incomparable friends, found the perfect boyfriend, and received invitations to the most exclusive secret societies. But she may have ruined every-thing with one ill-fated night. Now she's keeping secrets from everyone, including—
Clint the upperclassman who's too good to be true
Vanessa the best friend turned backstabber
Gregory the guy who's a total(ly hot) mistake
and Lexi the social queen who wants to bring Callie down.
But Callie didn't get into Harvard by giving up, and she isn't about to now. Besides, she's not the only one with something to hide. . . .
I really enjoyed the first book in this series (THE IVY) and was so extremely excited for this one. The thing I realized with this one though was that I enjoyed Callie and Gregory, not really anyone else.

SECRETS picks up a little while after THE IVY and the whole story follows Callie trying to figure out all of her problems. At times I found myself getting bored, more than in the first book. I really didn't care for any of the minor characters in this one either. I felt like there wasn't as much drama and the first book really relied on the drama.

Like I said above, the characters didn't really interest me as much in this one as they had before. I really enjoy reading about Gregory though and I sincerely hope there is a lot of him in the next book!

Even though SECRETS wasn't as good as the first, I still enjoyed reading it. I just hope the next book is better.

Overall this was a good sequel, but don't expect it to be as good as THE IVY.

Rating: 3.5 stars / 5 stars




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails