Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Jul 18, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pub. Date: July 26th 2011
ISBN: 0061985864
Pages: 352 pages
Source: Publisher
From Goodreads.com

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.
Oh bleep! Kiersten White has done it again. As it was with PARANORMALCY, SUPERNATURALLY has left me at a loss for words. Evie's pink taser is back and as awesome as ever!

When I started writing this review I realized it'd be really hard to write a review without spoilers. So I'll do my best, but please forgive me my dears because it's hard to convey how amazing this book is without really talking about it. I guess you'll just have to go out and buy it yourself. After reading my review of course...

Kiersten White is a genious. She came up with the crazy, epicness that was PARANORMALCY and somehow she managed to make something just as wonderful in SUPERNATURALLY. You'll find yourself picking up this book and realizing a short while later that you finished it. Through one sitting. While it may not be as good as its' predecessor, it is still in fact good enough that you'll have to read it in one sitting.

You'll find yourself rooting for Evie as she continues to figure out who she is and what she is meant to do. Along the way you'll meet some new friends and enemies. Maybe even stop for a bite to eat. (*wink*) But I promise that there is not a dull moment to found in this book.

All of the characters are still as interesting and wonderful as they were in the first book. Except for those characters that you hate and despise of course. Evie especially grows in this book and I loved reading about her adventures in her crazy world.

Overall this is a wonderful sequel to the amazingness that is Kiersten White's first book. Although it was not as epic, it was still epic. (Confusing much?) I absolutely, whole-heartedly recommend this book to all of you!

Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

1 comments:

  1. I just received Paranormalcy in the mail and I cannot wait to read it! I need to play catch up first, but this one sounds like *such* a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails