Die for Me by Amy Plum

Jan 10, 2012
Publisher:HarperTeen
Pub. Date: May 10th 2011
ISBN: 0062004018
Pages: 341
Source: Library

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

I wasn't too excited to read this book, but I had heard great things so I decided to give it a try.

First off, the setting! The setting is so beautiful and Amy Plum did such a wonderful job with her descriptions. I wanted to jet off to Paris any minute and read in front of a cute little Parisian cafe! Of all the things I really think this was the stand out point of the novel.

Vincent was a sweet character, but at the same time he was really creepy. I felt like he was "Edward creepy" at times. He watched Kate when she had no idea and just had a creeper factor about him. I think this was the lowest part of the novel for me, Vincent was a creeper and Kate was okay with it. I did like that besides that Kate acted as most normal people would to the whole situation with Vincent (beyond the stalking). She was a great protagonist beyond the obvious blindness her feelings gave her.

The whole idea of Vincent and his family was really interesting. It was such a great twist and new type of paranormal creature. Although it was weird and creepy, it was just completely unique and great. (If that makes sense...) I don't want to go into much detail so as not to spoil it, but it's definitely a new type of creature.

Overall I actually enjoyed this book quite a bit. The thing that really got on my nerves, and the reason I gave this book a 4 not a 5, was the way Vincent seemed to stalk Kate. I used to think that was romantic (back in TWILIGHT days), but its not anymore and I thought it was just so weird... I would still recommend this book though.


Rating: 4 stars / 5 stars 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails