Frost by Wendy Delsol

Jan 9, 2012
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Pub. Date: October 11th 2011
ISBN: 0763653861
Pages: 384
Source: Library (ebook)
In this sequel to STORK, Katla Leblanc has to employ her grit, spirit, and special gifts to rescue the boy she loves.After the drama of finding out that she’s a Stork, a member of an ancient and mystical order of women, and that her boyfriend, Jack, is a descendent of the Winter People able to control the weather, Katla Leblanc is delighted when all signs point to a busy and peaceful Christmas. That is, until the snowstorm Jack summons as a gift to Katla turns into the storm of the century, attracting Brigid, a gorgeous scientist who, in turn, attracts Jack. Between the school play, a bedridden, pregnant mother’s to-do lists, and keeping an eye on her aging grandfather, Katla doesn’t have time to question Brigid’s motives or deal with Jack’s increasingly cold behavior. But Katla’s suspicions mount when Jack joins Brigid on a research expedition to Greenland, and when the two of them go missing, it becomes clear that Katla is the only one who can save her beloved Jack from the Snow Queen who holds him prisoner. Adventure, romance, and myth combine in this winter escapade for teens who like a bit of fire with their ice.
What a great sequel! Though not as good as the first, it was still pretty darn awesome.

I'll start off with why I did not give this book 5 stars. The idea of the 'Snow Queen' just seemed kind of cheesy to me. I know, I adored the first book about Storks, but I can't handle this one? Well besides that I found a lot of the events predictable.One other thing is that I felt like for this story it was just a little too long, I didn't find that there were many boring points, but it could have been shorter in my opinion. 

Now for everything else. Katla is back (duh) and just as great of a protagonist as the first novel. There was one reoccurring situation that made me want to smack her and realize what was happening, but I guess love really does blind. Of course I can't write this review without talking about Jack. Well Jack was... frustrating. That's all I can really say.

I really feel like Wendy Delsol did a great job with this sequel. She is a wonderful storyteller and I am excited to see what she has in store for us in the next novel. 

Overall I'm sure this review makes no sense to you and you wonder why on earth it gets a 4 out of 5, well the truth is I can't really describe it. I just really enjoyed this book. Although it is most definitely not as great as its predecessor, it is still a wonderful companion in the trilogy.

Rating: 4 stars / 5 stars 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails