The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Mar 8, 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Pub. Date: January 2nd 2012
ISBN: 0316122386
Pages: 256
Source: Library

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Without a doubt one of the sweetest feel good stories I have ever read.

The title of this book is absolutely wonderful, I love that it is so long and yet so fitting. Honestly I fell in love with the title alone, and I would give the book 100 stars just for that. Besides the perfect title, the story was so sweet. It was not very long either. I really like that it was short and to the point, yet had some depth to it.

Hadley was so fun to read about. She had about a thousand problems and was such a complicated young person, but I loved her. She was so much like me, and most teenage girls. And Oliver, he was so funny and caring. I really loved both of these characters, and even the old lady sitting next to them got me. I think that Jennifer E. Smith really knows how to write wonderful characters that are so exaggerated, yet perfectly believeable.

Overall this has to be one of the simplest and sweetest stories of the year. It wasn't a perfect story, it wasn't something completely original, but the way it was told made it grand. I can read this book multiple times and never tire of it.

Rating: 4 stars / 5 stars
 

1 comments:

  1. {new follower here}

    I have read nothing but good about this book and I look forward to reading it in the near future. Thank you for sharing.

    {http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails