The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Jun 19, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin
Pub. Date: April 19th 2011
ISBN: 0373210264
Pages: 293
Source: Library
EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she suceeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...
How has it taken me over a year to finally read this book? I love modern day mythological re-tellings, they are one of the types of books I will always read. The best thing about these types of books are some of the authors that write them, I have read a countless number of these books and only a few have disappointed me. Aimee Carter is not in the latter group. This is one of the best re-tellings I have ever read.

Let's start with the characters. They were all amazing. I loved each and every one of them, even the bad ones. I absolutely loved the way they were described because I knew who each of them were. I was able to really form a picture of each character and their personalities. I can't explain it very well, but basically I had a connection with all of them. That is rare for me.

Along with the fantastic characters, the plot was very well written. From page one I was hooked and I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning reading. I wanted to know if Kate would pass, what the tests were, who Henry really was, ect. There was no shortage of mystery and suspense.

The only gripe I had was I wish each of the gods and goddess' backgrounds were explained more. I'm not a mythology expert and it would have been nice to just get a quick brush up. Honestly though this isn't even a valid complaint because it's so easy to just look it up, I guess I'm just lazy and would have liked it in the book. Overall what a fantastic start to  what seems like one of my favorite series. If you haven't read this book I suggest you go pick up a copy right now!

Rating: 5 stars / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. It seems like everyone loves this book! It sounds like a fabulous re-telling....Lovely review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could be eligible to receive a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails